K5 Himalayan Whiskey is the first whiskey blended and bottled in Bhutan. The product is named “K5” after the 5th King of Bhutan, HM King Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck.
A Bhutanese recipe assembled by distillers from The Gelephu Distillery, under the Bhutanese Army Welfare Project.
Sixty-Five per cent of its blend comes from eight to twelve years malt whiskeys, distilled in Scotland and aged in bourbon and sherry casks. Thirty-Five per cent is Bhutanese organic grain spirit, distilled with Himalayan glacial water to express its excellent light fruitiness with lingering sherry taste of sweetness.
- Base Note: Agriculture notes up; hay and raw potato.
- Mid Note: Fresh oak.
- Final Note: A hint of smokiness
- Lengthy with sherry casks sweetness, and a distant note of spicy cinnamon.
- Easy and smooth drinking. Creamy caramel with honey and dried figs.
- Notes of cinnamon and cardamon.
- Bottled at 80 Alcohol Proof
Download K5 Tasting Note