Bhutan Whiskey K5
K5 Himalayan Whiskey is the first whiskey blended and bottled in Bhutan. The product is named “K5” after the 5th King of Bhutan, HM King Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck.
A Bhutanese recipe assembled by distillers from The Gelephu Distillery, under the Bhutanese Army Welfare Project.
Sixty-Five percent of its blend comes from eight to twelve years malt whiskeys, distilled in Scotland and aged in bourbon and sherry casks. Thirty-Five percent is Bhutanese organic grain spirit, distilled with Himalayan glacial water to express its excellent light fruitiness with lingering sherry taste of sweetness.
- Light Gold, Pale straw
- Base Note: Agriculture notes up; hay and raw potato.
- Mid Note: Fresh oak.
- Final Note: A hint of smokiness
- Lengthy with sherry casks sweetness, and a distant note of spicy cinnamon.
- Easy and smooth drinking. Rich caramel with honey and dried figs.
- Notes of cinnamon and cardamon.
- Bottled at 80 Alcohol Proof
不丹12年麦芽威士忌 - 不丹顶级产品